Thursday, June 11, 2009

We interrupt the chronology of this blog to bring you an important update on my hair...


So, It's been about a month and a half since I last posted. That's because I'm a slacker. And a ton has happened, including, but not limited to, my recent trip to the mountains. I will post on that soon, as it includes a couple pretty good stories. For now, however, there is a more pressing matter to attend to. You may or may not remember a few posts back in which I so boldly declared the next American Idol. You also may or may not remember what I even more boldly said I would do if he was not, actually, the next American Idol. [IMPORTANT NOTE: That would be "Adam Lambert," who didn't, in case you didn't know, win, and "dye my hair the color of Allyson's," whose hair, in case you didn't know, is bright red.] Well, far be it from me to go back on my word. [IMPORTANT NOTE TO SELF: Next time you make a bet with yourself, do not involve your hair. Also, give yourself something great if you win. Like a manicure. Or a new car.]

Yesterday I bought the dye, which was as close to the color of Allyson's I could get without bleaching my hair or spending more than $10. Neither of which I was going to do for this. Here it is:

Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit Luscious Raspberries 1ea.

I showed it to Chris and asked him what he thought about me dyeing my hair that color. He said, " I think it will look GREAT! But make sure you always wear a name tag so that I still know you're my Mom. "

Today my good friend Jessica came over to help out with and document the dyeing process. Unfortunately for you all, the "before" picture didn't meet my "I'm willing to post this on my blog for all the world to see" standards. But once you see a couple of the pictures I do post, you will see how low those standards really are. If you must have a "before" picture, there's one right down there in the Wicked post that shows the color of my hair quite well.

And now for the real fun: This was while I was waiting for all that fuchsia deliciousness to set into my hair:

And rinsing it out (notice the blotches of pink dye on my neck that are surprisingly resilient and hard to get out of my skin):

Me checking out my new red hair:

And finally, (drumroll, please), the new look itself:

What do you think???

20 comments:

Dave said...

I'm with Chris. ;)

Stefanie H said...

it looks GREAT!! You so pull it off you little Diva you! haha
:)

kt said...

i LOVE it! really and truly. looks like you kinda like it too, huh? (p.s. this is katie (snyder) carson...found your blog and have been enjoying it! hope you don't mind!) :)

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great on ya! I wanna see a shot of you in the sun with your bright bold new look! :) Of course it'd be even better if I saw you in person! ;)

Quincy Sorensen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

What about Dahnelle's Daring 'Do?

Do you think I am as funny as I do?

But, really you look FANTASTIC!

Robin said...

I Love it! (and the fact that you did it.... and the fact that Adam didn't win.... oh snap.)

Jason and Adrienne said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW ADRIENNE!!!

I'm proud of you for having such a high degree of integrity. Well done!

Emily H. said...

I was wondering when you were going to go Allison red! I saw you on facebook and had to check it out for myself. As totally CRUSHED as I was for Adam not to win, it may have been a blessing in disguise... your hair looks awesome! I seriously love it! you look great.

Jennys Quilts said...

I love your hair. It looks GREAT!!!

Wendyrful said...

You look fantastic!!! Not everyone can look that good! ;-)

Sonja said...

I'm just wondering why it was EVER brown to begin with!! This so helps soften the blow of Adam not winning for me. Thanks! :)

Jessica M said...

I loved this post! You had me laughing. I must thank you for letting me sit in the "Yeah Kris won Idol" victory chair. I think you're an awesome sport and I LIKE the fushia-lisciousness. My fingernails are still sporting the raspberry color but I decided it would better help illustrate the point, "Have you seen Dahnelle? Her hair is THIS color." Awesome. And like I said, you wear raspberry quite well. Next time, we do the bleach. =0)

Lisa said...

NICE!!!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Okay, so I was pretty scared to see the pictures, but girl, you make red look good!

danakat said...

Just had to peek again...
Uh oh...the rage is building. The wrath...the wrath.

But I still love you.
Stinker.

Queeey said...

Gorgeous! I thought it would look good, but I was wrong it looks fabulous.

Tat said...

You look splendiloquent.

Sally said...

Wow- you go! You are brave and it looks AWESOME! Only you can pull that off. I wish I could it see in person! We're so sad we missed you in June, but Greg gave me the run-down. I hope you guys had fun. The pictures of the boys are just darling. Hope to see you later this year!

Becki said...

Ooo you look great as a red hed! What a fun post. You always make me laugh! How's your little guy doing? Can you believe they are already nine months?

Jenn said...

WoW! I never actually got to see it right after you did it. It was really red. I think it looks great!